CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

60 Degrees Gone To Waste

So it hit almost 60 degrees today in good old RI. I know that you are all thinking - that is so great, we are pretty sick of you complaining about the weather up there.

It was a beautiful day and warm enough that I didn't want to be pent up in the lovely abode. Again, don't see a problem with this? Well, this was the problem - although it was so nice out, there is still about a foot of snow on the ground and with the warm air, it has now turned to a mix of wet snow, slush and mud. The weather had me itching to get outside, rake some leaves, do something in all our beds or just frolick around the yard. But alas, that was not in the cards, as I could not find my trusty Wellies and I don't care for wet feet!

So what did I do with this wonderful gift Mother Nature has graciously sent our way? I took a 3 hour nap! Yes, 3 hours! On our couch. In the family room. INSIDE. Yes, a productive day.

Well, there's always tomorrow!

1 comments:

Chris said...

Ugh. Slush and mud.

I think you did EXACTLY the right thing!

We are going to have our mud tomorrow when the rain comes. Goody.

Aside from all that, I hope things are going well for you! I bet Miss B thought the warmth was wonderful... mud or no mud! :) Wish I could be that way, but I really dislike mud!