CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 8, 2009

Losing It

Nothing beats the perfect beach day in New England.  The cloudless, blue sky, hot and steamy, life is good, by the water weather that summer brings.  I miss this.  


It seems to me that in the last 2 or 3 years, these perfect New England days have been few and far between.  We have had plenty of cold.  Lots of snow.  And definitely more than our fair share of rain.  Where are those beautiful beach-going days?  It is June.  I have had my heat on more often than not.  There is something intrinsically wrong with this picture.  

Yesterday was sunny - but not hot.  Today is just gross.  Tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are supposed to be even worse.     I.    AM.    WEARING.    PANTS.     AND SOCKS!

Every morning, I look longingly into my closet and pine for the days of wearing my flip-flops, madras and t-shirts.  I think I may bring my winter wardrobe out of hiding.  It doesn't look good.  I am very depressed.  Where are my beach days?  I think Mother Nature has gotten old.  I think she may have developed dementia and forgotten the upper North Eastern corner of our lovely lower 48.  Or have we done something to make her angry?  I don't know.  All I know is I may be going crazy.  I have become and adamant believer in Seasonal Affective Disorder.  I have this affliction.  I am sure of it.  

I am sad and angry and miserable.  I gripe and groan and grunt.  I am short tempered, ill-willed and mean.  So I ask you, if any of you has an in with our lovely Mother Nature, please put in a good word for us in the Northeast, because I can tell you this - if my Summer doesn't arrive shortly, you may be reading about me in the police beat rather than on my blog . . .  

2 comments:

Chris said...

Oh no! I think you need a weekend at the beach!

Maybe we are just going to have summer from July - Oct this year. It's just late. Mother Nature got up late or something.

Miss Janice said...

Don't feel bad...I live in South Florida and I promise you ot has rained everyday for the past month. You have to get outside in that dry window of time to get anything done!