CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 21, 2010

3 Months Later

Hello everyone . . .


So here I am, 3 months later, looking at the date from my last post and thinking, "Where the hell did 3 months go?" Time flies when you are sleeping. :) I would like to say thanks to everyone for keeping me in their thoughts over the last few months and continuously checking in. Please know that it made me feel so good, every time I checked my email and saw one of your little notes. Definitely brightened my days! THANK YOU.

I guess you could say that quite a bit has happened in the last 3 months, but realistically, nothing that is very earth shattering. We made it through Halloween, Eldest Cherub's 15th Birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas and bringing in the New Year (hopefully a much better one than previously passed) in one piece and only a little worse for wear. We have started our weekly treks north for Cherubs to get their ski fix, and on a very bright note, Mr. P has started skiing again. I know that some of you were not reading my blog at the very start, so a quick synopsis is as follows:

I actually started blogging as a place to vent in 2008, right after Mr. P had a horrific, near fatal skiing accident. To make a VERY long story short, his injuries included, but are not limited to:

1. A tibia broken in half and 1 other spot, a fibula broken in half and 1 other spot, a completely shattered ankle and foot - this particular combo of injuries resulted in complete reconstruction of his left leg from the knee down.

2. A broken right hip

3. 2 severed and 1 cracked and hanging transverse processes - these are the wings on the sides of your vertebrae and amazingly enough have healed in Mr. P

4. Last but not least, various and sundry damage to soft tissue, muscle and nerves which still bothers him to this day

I bring this up, because not only did Mr. P finally get back on skis, but he did this on the 2nd anniversary of his accident. You see, his accident happened on Martin Luther King weekend of 2008, and a very long 2 years later, exactly 2 years later, Mr. P has skiied. I have NEVER seen him so happy or excited. Yay, Mr. P - Happy Anniversary!

I am still plugging along with my sleep issues since my last post. I am happy to say that I am no longer taking any medication. No Adderall, No Herbs. Nothing, Nada, Zilch! I have some really good days, some OK days, and some really bad days, but am getting used to reading the signs of when I am going to crash in a big way. Not the ideal way to live, but it beats a lifetime of meds, and leaves me hopeful that maybe, someday, there will be a time that I actually feel good. I mean, I never thought I'd get this far. I really thought that by now, I'd be back to my Adderall induced, pill popping ways. But I'm not. And that my friends is HUGE. (sound of applause here)

So anyway, as I can't really promise that I'm actually back and blogging, I can say that I will try. And If you don't hear from me, just consider it as minor blogging sabbaticals. But at least you know that I'm OK and appreciate all the heartfelt emails over the past few months regarding my health status - it's nice to know that even though I'm gone sometimes, I'm not forgotten. Thank You.

6 comments:

Chris said...

I"m applauding!!! Both you AND Mr. P.!

It is so nice to hear from you again.

Hang in there!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you and yours are doing well!

Sherrie said...

I am glad things are going well for you. Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back!!! I wrote you a note aboue a month or so ago wondering how you were doing.

WOW to your Hubs for getting back to something that nearly killed him!! It is probably so much closure for him!

Take care of yourself and glad to have you back!! (I still love my prozac and occasional Xanax LOL!)

(((hugs)))
Margaret

Miss Janice said...

Thank you so much for remembering my friend Jan in your prayers. Prayer is a powerful thing and she needs them now!

Gifting Gumshoe said...

Hope all is well with you! Take care, and we hope to hear from you soon!