CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Any Gift Ideas Out There?

Father's Day is just around the corner.  As usual, I thought it was NEXT Sunday, not this Sunday and have yet to even consider gifts.  Let's see, I know what Mr. P wants, but the new I-phone doesn't come out until July 11.  How do I know this, because I thought the Apple sight said June 11 and rushed to the nearest store to wait for it to open this morning.  As I sat in the parking lot - ALONE - I was thinking, "Wow, it's unbelievable that more people aren't rushing over for this grand new invention."  Silly me, I was literally a month early.  After being told this by the store personnel, they watched me bop out with a "See you next month!"  Yes, just another group of people perplexed by me. 


Dad-In-Law and Dad aren't so easy.  I have NO IDEA what to get either of them.  

Fortunately, dear old dad would be happy with a slap on the back and a Scotch, but alas, that would not go over so well with Darling Mother.  It is Father's Day, you know, it is a special occasion!  If you read my earlier post, you know that Darling Mother will not let it pass without the appropriate acknowledgment.  Which brings me back to - WHAT THE HELL DO I GET HIM?!  I have a really good start - before Sunday, I plan to run out to get a card . . . . . . . . .  then I'm completely lost.  Any ideas for a guy who has everything? And really wants nothing?  We've gone the golf card route, the hobby shop route, the clothing route, the tie route, the fancy new device to clean-your-grill route, I even gave him a hand-painted wineglass for his birthday. Just what a man's man wants, right?  HELP!!!!!!

Dad-In-Law is just as difficult.  He probably isn't even aware that Father's Day is this weekend.  He's just happy puttering around his summer house finding things to fix.  We've given tools, gadgets for the weather, gadgets for the boat, gadgets to fix other gadgets and quite frankly, I can't think of any other gadgets that exist for him to use.  Need help on this one too.  

Sometimes I wish parents were like our children.  Throw some cash or a VISA Gift Card in a card and call it a day.  You'd think they hit the jackpot.  Wonder what Dad or Dad-In-Law would do if they opened a card with $25 tucked inside.  You want to see confusion on someone's face?  Well, hoping for ideas if anyone out there has any, but hurry, there are only 3 1/2 shopping days left! :)


1 comments:

Thinkinfyou said...

Ok so I found this blog and thought this idea for a Father's Day present was really cool. Here's the link.

http://zakkalife.blogspot.com/2008/06/turning-photos-into-shrinky-dinks.html