CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 9, 2008

I Need Help

In my perusal of many, many blogs, I have seen quite a few that mention the fact that blogging is cheaper than Psychotherapy.  As I most certainly agree with this, I wonder if blogging is actually just another insane thing I need to add to my list of things I need Psychotherapy for.  


I have only been blogging for a couple of weeks and I believe that I am truly addicted.  I think of it A LOT - I wonder if I have any kind of readership at all, I wonder what I will write about next and I actually had a dream about blogging the other night.  I am truly a complete bag of nuts!  

True to form, I entered the world of blogging with my full OCD mentality in overdrive - Have to have it perfect - Have to have it done in one sitting - etc, etc, etc.  Although I can honestly say that I most definitely humor myself, if not anyone else, I question my ability to do anything fully without overkill.  

The funny thing about my OCD tendencies is that by nature I am a completely disorganized person.  As I age, I find that I become more and more obsessive-compulsive, but not really in the true definition of the term (I am OCD about the strangest things).  Even funnier is the fact that because I obsessively try to become more organized and by nature am not, I tend to spend most days just pissing myself off. 

I decided this morning that I am not going to be this way with my blog.  I will write about whatever catches my fancy in the moment and I will not care if people read it.  As most other bloggers say, It is really just for myself anyway - you know - cheaper than therapy and a place to vent.  

Or . . . . . . . . . 

I can continue to yell at family and friends because they have not been the good sales representatives I expected, pushing everyone they know to read my hilarious musings.  

I don't know - yelling at family and friends just seems like SSOOOOO much more fun.



1 comments:

Thinkinfyou said...

I would tell you that what you are feeling is normal,but I don't know if I'm the best judge of what "normal" is. What I can tell you is, that I have felt the exact same way about my blog and yelling at people!

I think you're doing a fantastic job!!