CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Who Knew?

Who knew that my psychological problems and sleep issues would actually come in handy someday?  Certainly not me!


Two nights ago, numerous homes in my neighborhood had their cars broken into.  Including EVERY ONE directly around me, both sides and across the street.  Ironically, ours weren't, which was actually a great thing because that evening, Mr. P decided to leave not only his wallet and glasses in the car, in the driveway, but his uber-expensive "Bone Stimulator" as well.  

I was told that the police had narrowed the time down to between 12:30 and 4:00 a.m.  I actually believe it was between 2:30 and 3:30.  This is where my sleep issues came in handy.  As usual, true to form, about 2:00 a.m. I woke up.  Laid in bed until 2:22, when I absolutely could not stand watching the clock anymore, I got up.  At 2:30, when my OCD started kicking in, I was happily mopping my kitchen floor.  After viewing my gleaming hardwoods and feeling that satisfying sense of accomplishment, I headed back up to bed and I remember looking at the clock thinking, "3:30?  It took me an hour to mop the floor?"  I know silly thoughts, but it was 3:30 a.m., what do you want?  

Here is my theory - Around the time I was diligently polishing and waxing, the unsubs (that is CSI lingo :) for unidentified subjects) were making their way through the neighborhood (you would think that at least someone in the neighborhood would park their cars in the garage, but the funny thing is, not one of us does.  They are all so full of other crap, that no one in the neighborhood can actually fit a car in the garage.)  I digress.   So anyway, the unsubs were quietly making their way through the neighborhood and when they came upon my house - there I was mopping and waxing away. They either saw all the lights on OR they saw me in the windows, and thought that someone actually crazy enough to be mopping a floor in the middle of the night might just be crazy enough to shoot to kill if she thought her property may be threatened.  (Yes, I am  the big bad momma who will protect my brood by all costs - even if it is with just an air soft gun and that would actually be after I ran into the corner to hide and cry and most likely pee myself first.)  Again, I digress.  So feeling the terror of my catching them, they proceeded on to the next house, leaving all of Mr. P's valuables untouched.  

Like I said, who knew my issues would come in handy someday?  Definitely not me.  

0 comments: