CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Joy of School Photos

School photos were yesterday.  Littlest Cherub had a meltdown because it was a gym day and they are not allowed to change their clothes for gym in the sixth grade.  


"I can't wear sweats and a T-shirt for picture day"
"Then wear something else . . ."
"Mooomm, we're running the mile today!  I CAN'T wear anything else"
"OK, then wear sweats and a T-shirt"
"Moooooommmmmm, I will look horrible in my picture"
"Then wear sweats and a nice top over your T-shirt and just take it off after"
"I'll get in trouble"
"No you won't"
"You don't know anything"
"I know I don't, but I try.  Why do you care anyway?  It's not like we use those pictures anyway"
"FINE!  I!  JUST!  WON'T!  EVEN!  BOTHER!  TO!  HAVE!  ONE!   TAKEN!"
"Great, that saves me forty bucks"
"Mooooommmmm - you are so mean!"
"What do you want me to tell you?  Take it, don't take it - just go get ready for school"
"Oh, by the way, can you pay the extra money for retouching?"
"Why? Do you want them to change the clothes you're wearing in the photo?"
"UUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH!"

I ask you, why do I even bother having these conversations?

At the other extreme, eldest cherub comes home from school and states . . .
"Oh, by the way, you're going to hate my picture"
"Why?"
"Well, I forgot to take my sweatshirt off, and I had the hood up, kinda covering my eyes, and oh yeah, when the guy said 'SMILE' - I did this . . .(horrible grimace here) . . . and well he took the picture and that's what you're gonna get"
"Great, I'll make sure to use it as our Christmas Card"

I swear on my Grandmother's soul that I DID NOT HAVE AN AFFAIR WITH A GANGSTA!  I have no idea how this happened, but do I have the only Suburban Homie From the Hood?

Eighty dollars later and 2 sets of school photos to join the last seven years worth in the bin in the basement.  I'd say MONEY WELL SPENT!


2 comments:

Gifting Gumshoe said...

I remember in 9th grade having to run the mile right before taking pictures. I had even curled my hair that morning. It should be against school policy to have to run before taking a picture that is so expensive!!!! Anyway that "retouching" thing always made me look fake! Thanks for the story today-it made me smile!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

LOL! I'm glad my two boys don't give me such a hard time with their attire just yet. Maybe in a few years time ... :D