CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

A Good Mother


A Good Mother . . . 

Is Strict
Especially compared to "everyone else's mother"
She expects FULL potential and won't settle for anything less

Is Soft
Generous with praise when she catches her children doing something right
She feels and shares happiness and pain EVERY DAY of her children's lives

Is the resident Cook, Cleaning Lady, Laundress
She provides a balanced diet, a roof over her children's heads and clean sheets to crawl into at night without expecting to be appreciated

Directs her children along the right path
Yet provides a bottomless well of forgiveness and beacon of light when they wander down the wrong one 

Is Quick to go "Without" 
So her children can have what they need

Provides a Soft Lap, Strong Back, Sympathetic Ears and Loving Arms

Loves Unconditionally
It need not be acquired and often when undeserved

Speaks from Experience, Wisdom, Love and Hope
And sometimes with silence

Cares how her children turn out
And doesn't just wait for them to get out.

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.  ~Washington Irving

My mother is all things and more.  She has shown me that it is possible to love truly, deeply, unconditionally.  She has been my Cheerleader, Guidance Counselor, and sometimes my Punching Bag.  She has not only been there for me all my life, but she has welcomed all that I have brought home with open arms and limited judgement.  

I cannot express how Thankful I am for my Mother.  

I can only hope that I have turned into the woman she has dreamt of me being and that I can be half of the Mother to my Cherubs that she has been to me.

I Love You Mom

5 comments:

Miss Janice said...

This is so true and so sweet! I hope your day was extra special!

Beth Dunn said...

What a nice post. I always try to remind my children when they are being good. xoxo

the Preppy Princess said...

This is such a beautiful post, thank you for sharing your thoughts about your Mom!

I hope your Mother's Day was wonderful, and the week ahead even better!
tp

Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet tribute to your mother! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following! :) Hope your Mother's Day was blessed and I love that you call your children "cherubs"! Precious! Love your blog too! :) If you haven't entered my giveaway to The Watermelon Tree, stop back by and take a look! Ends Wednesday. :)

Pretty Personal Gifts said...

left you an award on my blog.