CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

We're Back and I Need A Vacation

Have you ever noticed that when you take a vacation, you always need a vacation when you get back? It doesn't matter where you go, who you go with, or what you do . . . You are always tired, stressed and just plain strung out when you arrive upon your doorstep. So, I will be spending the next few weeks regrouping, doing laundry and reorganizing from our little trek to "The Rock". Not to mention, I STILL have yet to do the back to school shopping - clothes, supplies, food, you name it - I don't have it yet. And to think that in exactly 13 days, Dear Cherubs will be back to school. Uuuuggghhhhhh! Where did the summer go?

Anyway, thought I'd share some photos of our little jaunt. I guess in my last post I forgot to mention that this time around, we went for Mr. P's annual party. He and his 3 brothers throw a big party every summer. And when I say big, I mean big . . . Minimum of 150 people, many of whom spend the entire weekend. I have to say, this year was a raging success! The weather cooperated (for once), the kids behaved (most of the time) and everyone had a great time.


Vacation has started!
Mr. P can finally unwind with a beer.
Wednesday - Early Evening


Time to get the groceries!
Mr. P, Eldest Cherub and a few others head to the local Warehouse Store
MUST. BUY. IN. BULK.
150 mouths are a lot to feed.
This is what they got . . .
This was only the first boat load.
I think there were 3.


As people arrive, they vie for the best location to set up their homes.
Waterfront property does not come cheap!
And this was only Thursday night.


Eldest Cherub, Mr. P's BF and Little Miss B needed to take a little break to relax.
Lugging all that food up the twisty-turny dock is VERY hard work.


Thursday night and all is done.
Time to light the fire, watch the world go by,
. . . and wait for the rest of the party people to show . . .


Saturday morning.
Everyone seems to have found their favorite spot.
Many of them did not move ALL day.


The kids had a ball!
Some went sailing, others jumped off the boats and dock or went tubing and waterskiing and still others just "hung" out together - LITERALLY

All in All - yes, a RAGING success!
Good times, Good fun, Great Friends

2 comments:

Maurice said...

I can recall being on vacation once and telling a buddy of mine that I couldn't wait for it to end so I could get home and get some rest.

Beth Dunn said...

Agreed. I always need a vacation from vacation. Oh well. xo